Wilfred Jaspers Scholarship Due: June 1st
The Wilfred Jaspers Scholarship was established in 2000 for Roslyn High School Alumni. With the dissolution of the Roslyn School District, the scholarship has been made available to college students from the Britton, Langford and Webster School Districts.
Any full time college/university student of sophomore ranking or higher, pursuing either a bachelor’s or graduate degree, and maintaining a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) is encouraged to apply. High School seniors can apply. However, if they are chosen as the scholarship recipient, the scholarship will not be awarded until they reach sophomore status and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Priority will be given to those candidates who are especially active in their communities, have financial need, attend Midwest colleges/universities and plan to return to Northeast South Dakota to live and pursue their careers.
Applicants may apply as often as they are eligible. Prior awardees of this scholarship (that continue to meet eligibility requirements) are also welcome to reapply.
Application information is attached.
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Due: June 12th
The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
South Dakota Telecommunications Association Scholarship Program: Due: June 15th
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Are accepted into or attending a multi-year program degree at any accredited technical college or accredited post-secondary higher education institution in South Dakota for the fall 2021 semester;
- Are majoring in a degree/program or field of study that is useful in the telecommunications or broadband industry or which significantly relies on the use of broadband services and related technologies (see examples below); and
- A customer/member or have a parent or legal guardian that is a customer/member of a SDTA member company (see companies listed below).
Online Application - https://www.viethconsulting.com/members/form.php?orgcode=SDTA&fid=3989509
Big Sun Due: June 19th
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community.
South Dakota Golf Association Junior Golf Foundation Scholarship Due: June 30th
The South Dakota Golf Association Junior Golf Foundation offers six $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors who will be attending a post high school educational facility in South Dakota. Scholarships will be paid in the second semester of freshman year. Scholarship winners will be responsible for sending verification from their school stating the student is enrolled full time for the spring semester of 2022. Participation in SDGA-related play will be given a high priority.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Applicant must have lived in the state of South Dakota for a minimum of the past two years.
- Applicant must have graduated from high school in the spring of 2021
- Applicant will be an incoming freshman attending a four-year South Dakota college, university or accredited post high school institution during the fall 2021 semester.
Application is attached.