Close Contact Student Procedure
Langford Area School District 45-5
On the Tracks
COVID-19 Close Contact Student Leave Procedure
This COVID-19 Close Contact Student Leave Procedure is in effect during the COVID-19 State of Emergency in the State of South Dakota and will expire upon termination of this State of Emergency or at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, whichever is sooner. This procedure outlines the steps students should follow in being deemed a close contact for COVID-19.
The Langford Area School District will consider you a close contact to a confirmed positive COVID-19 case if it is determined that you were within six feet of the confirmed positive person for 15 continuous minutes.
The Langford Area School District will advise you to self-quarantine as outlined:
YOU ARE DEEMED…
- POSITIVE: Isolate/quarantine as advised by the Department of Health and return to school once isolation/quarantine period has been lifted.
- Close Contact to someone positive in your household: Quarantine as advised by the Department of Health and return to school once quarantine has been lifted.
- Close Contact in School: Quarantine for 5 days from the latest exposure to the confirmed individual with whom you were in close contact; return to school provided you remain asymptomatic.
- Close Contact Outside of School: Quarantine as advised by the Department of Health and return to school once quarantine has been lifted.
The Langford Area School District will ask you to do the following upon return from a five day out-of-school quarantine through the remainder of the 14 days:
- Pre-screen your health before school and undergo school monitoring throughout the day.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Social distance as permitted.